Do you find yourself handling the same piece of paper over and over? Warren has a great idea on how to count down on this major waste of time.
This is just one of many things you’ll learn when you sign up for his 90 minute webinar, “Time Management for Salespeople: Find More Time to Close More Sales,” on Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 at 12 Noon EST.
The demand for top salespeople is high, but the supply is low. This week, Warren shows you how to build a top sales team from within.
If you want to learn more about self motivated high-achievers, attend my 90 minute webinar, Leadership Skills: Creating Self-Motivated Staff,” taking place Thursday, July 21th, at 12 noon EST.
In the second of this two part series based on Discover Card’s “Small Business Watch,” we’re looking at information derived from small business owners that will better prepare you to take that next step into entrepreneurship. Here are some things you might not know but better be prepared for:
- Nearly one of three business owners, 31 percent, indicated they work at least 10 hours or more per day on average. Only out of five non-business owners, 19 percent, worked the same each day.
- 15 percent of small business owners work every day of the week, more than twice as many, 6 percent, as the general population. Similarly, 28 percent of small business owners work six days a week, compared to 15 percent of the general population.
- Nearly half of small business owners, 47 percent, said that they always or mostly work on official holidays.
So if you’re used to a 9 to 5 life, think twice before starting a business.
- More than half of the business owners, 52 percent, took seven days or less off work last year, compared to 36 percent of the general population.
- 59 percent of small business owners define a “day off” as being available for calls and emails, working some time or even working all day at a remote location. Only 32 percent of the general population does the same.
- More than half of small business owners, 55 percent, said their spouses approve of them checking email when they are off from work, compared to 37 percent of the general population.
- “Small business owners are really focused on serving their customers every day. Our survey found that 40 percent of them carry wireless devices to keep in touch with their customers and clients when off work." “Being a small business owner often means that you are always open for business.”
When you’re a small business owner, your life is your business and your business is your life. It’s not even a matter of overlapping; they are totally intertwined.
Also, if you already own a small business or you’re thinking about starting one, then check out our new small business consulting service and give us a call for a free initial consultation.
According to the director of Discover’s small business credit card, more than a third of adults are interested in starting their own business some day. If you’re part of that one-third don’t go into it blind. Here are a few things you should be aware of:
In part II, we’ll look at how much time the typical small business owner devotes to his or her business vs. the general working population. Also, if you already own a small business or you’re thinking about starting one, then check out our new small business consulting service and give us a call for a free initial consultation.
With the release of my new DVD, Prospecting Skills That Work, I’d like to thank everyone for their feedback and comments over the past year about my earlier audio program on effective prospecting, Don’t Count The Yes’s, Count The No’s. It was the success of that program which prompted me to do an educational (and entertaining) hour-long seminar on prospecting and have it released on DVD. Make sure to check out the video clip below. You can also for the purchase page.
In my new video, you’ll learn to:
- Overcome call reluctance to always reach your goal.
- Develop a powerful script for setting more appointments.
- Use an accountability system that is easy to implement and use.
- Handle objections more effectively than ever before.
- Stay consistently motivated and form positive new habits.
- And much more …